Sunday, November 12, 2006

College Ball - week 11.

It was NOT a good weekend for my Tennessee teams:

The Volunteers lost to Arkansas, 31 to 14, thus futher proving my argument that UT has been over-ranked all season.

Kentucky beat Vandy, 38 to 26,

And Memphis was bested by Central Florida, 26 to 24.

At least the mighty Blue Raiders of Middle Tennessee beat Arkansas State, 38 to 10. MTSU now has the same overall record as The University of Tennessee, a much better (6 & 0) conference record and remains at the top in the Sunbelt conference.

Georgia crushed Auburn's title dreams and, as bad as I hate to admit it, I was glad to see Florida beat South Carolina.

I'll take a Spurrier loss any way I can get it:)

Of course, the big upset was Louisville's loss to Rutgers...

RUTGERS???

I'm tellin' ya, the end is near, repent and say your prayers!

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

It doesn't matter if you hate to say it...so long as you say it.

I had to be a new members' dinner that night, and was running back and forth to the office so that I could listen to the broadcast. Sad state of affairs when you have to block a FG at home to beat a 5-5 team, but I'll take a "W" anyway I can.

 
At 4:51 AM , Blogger Art said...

Oh, I meant to say 'ALMOST glad'.

Even so, Spurrier loses, all humanity wins!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home