Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The elections are over!

Thank goodness I won't be getting anymore of those calls from famous people who refuse to answer my questions!

And at least not everyone I voted for lost. I actually managed to vote for some winners here in Tennessee. I was really saddened to see Harold Ford Jr. lose and, of course, Amendment #1 passed by a huge margin.

I mean HUGE. I havn't seen the final numbers but it was like 80% or more. It's sad to me that people are that bigoted.

And now Rumsfeld resigns. Apparantly, President Bush was waiting to see the outcome of the elections to make a final decision on Rummy.

WHAT???

Bush was waiting to find out how well his party did before cutting his Secretary of Defense? Presumably, if the Republicans had a better day, the decision would have been different. I just don't understand that. Either Rumsfeld needed to go (I think yes) or he did not. The election should not have been a determining factor.

But then, what do I know?

4 Comments:

At 11:42 PM , Blogger Mona said...

..and I wonder..whether it is art's strange world, or world's strange art???!..all the politics
personally I think politics is a dirty word...it thrives on human blood...
nice pic on your blog..that drew me to it...saw it @ deepak's...
& gladder still to see u have a subtle sense of humour...

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger Art said...

Hi Dizzy, thanks for stopping by. It's definitely Art's Strange World and the political talk is just because of the recent elections here...

I always digitally mess with my pictures some way because I don't like how I look in them otherwise, I guess, and I'm glad you picked up on the subtle humor. Sometimes I wonder...

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger Mona said...

hey Art
you are beautiful I know...we all are beautiful. If God thought we were beautiful enough to be created, then we are beautiful.
Learn to love yourself as you are...because if you dont love yourself first, who else will love you?
moreover, physical beauty is transient...the real beauty comes from within...
take care

 
At 1:16 AM , Blogger Art said...

Thanks again, Dizzy. I truly believe what you wrote. I just don't think it always comes across in my pictures, that's all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home