Sunday, November 05, 2006

Happy Blogiversary to the Strange World.

O.K., technically it's two different blogs. Nevertheless, one year ago today I posted my first entry in my old Blogspot 'Strange World'.

As far as I'm concerned, a year's a year...

I would guess there's somewhere around 450 posts total (blogspot archives are still not republished), over a hundred pictures and many dozens of comments. Pretty good if I do say so myself. Especially considering that when I wrote my first post I was thinking of posting once a week or so.

HA!

Just thinking about the passing of time and this microscopic milestone of mine induced me to go back and look at my very first post. It's one of those cheesy, ubiquitous 'This is my first post' posts that I have since come to hate - but it does remind me of why I started this craziness (and why I've continued even in excess of my own expectations).

Here it is, from one year ago today:

WOW! I have my own Blog.

O.k., so that's not exactly a big deal to anyone but myself.

I'm not quite sure why I'm doing this except for the two following reasons.

First, I find myself always wanting an outlet for ideas, thoughts and whatever, and I sometimes want to have a record of these things.

Second, I'm using electronic means to communicate more and more - work, personal, online classes - so it seems natural to go electronic with my rambling private ideas that usually find their way onto scraps of paper or into tattered spiral notebooks.

Of course, the difference is that this format is not very private. No one may ever look at my blog, but they COULD.

That makes all the difference.

What a strange world we live in...


Yeah, whatever - going on to the second year...

6 Comments:

At 5:20 PM , Blogger jasdye said...

i love looking over the old stuff.

i still have the same format and the same ID pic. and i picked up some good friends along the way (none of whom publish on blogspot - if any blog - anymore).

it's good to get that hammyness out the first post, though. clears the way for better stuff...

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Carolanne said...

I don't think it's that cheesy. I've been blogging for a couple years now but since then I've changed my blogname, layout and added another one on the side. I actually do keep them all printed out as I had friends who weren't online who wanted to read them.
My first post was in a similar vein to yours.

 
At 9:10 PM , Blogger Stace said...

Happy Blogiversary Honey!!

 
At 1:01 AM , Blogger BruceA said...

Happy blogiversary!

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger Art said...

Thank you all.

 
At 12:32 PM , Blogger gavin richardson said...

happy blogversary, look forward to many more good years

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home