Sunday, November 12, 2006

Relax Fish.

The Anual Harris Chapel United Methodist Church Youth Fellowship Benefit Fish Fry has (thankfully) come and gone for 2006.

Here, my daughter helps with the preparation Friday evening. She was one of the few members of the youth group who did any actual work (don't get me started on that):


Joanie supervised the whole deal which she does every year:


Lt. Dan helped too. Here he is 'helping' out on the all important cookie-eating detail:


And acting goofy with Co-Co (notice Shelby trying to work on the sidelines):


Thankfully, my son had more important things to do:


The results of all this craziness: 1 busy weekend, 50 pounds of fried fish and enough sides to feed any army, a bunch of stuffed Methodists, one rural United Methodist Church that will smell distinctly of catfish this morning and over $600.00 cleared for the youth group's Warmth in Winter trip!


O.K., all you fish can relax now - you're safe again.

Until next year.

3 Comments:

At 11:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fish Fry? Hmmmm. Is that like you all get together and have fish n' chips for supper?
I know this is corny but I have to do it; "Somethin' fishy goin' on around here!"
(Please forgive my tacky cliche... I will feel repentant after I hit send.)

 
At 12:46 AM , Blogger Art said...

It's O.K. Carolanne:) Yes, it's like fish and chips. We had battered, deep fried catfish, french fries, white beans with onions, home-made coleslaw and a pot luck desert. We sold tickets to raise money for the youth trip - it's always a big draw.

 
At 3:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I've never eaten catfish... We eat: flake,(shark)blue grenadier (sp?)salmon, sardines, trout.. who knows all the fish-eaten names. I've just never seen catfish on the menu at the local fish n'chip shop.
French fries like McDonalds varieties? Chips are fatter than fries.
White beans? Again, you guys outdo us on the beans thing.
I had dirt dessert when we visited friends at GA - that was yummy!
Anyway, glad money was raised! Well done.
And thanks for allowing me to do the corny fishy cliche - gotta make allowances for your aussie friends, hey?! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home