Friday, November 10, 2006

The MethoBlog.

Bloggers Gavin Richardson and Jay Voorhees have started up a new Methodist blog portal called...


I'm not clear on all the details but apparently Shane Raynor who did the Wesley Blog is out of that business and this new portal is meant to be a replacement or continuation of some of the things Shane did.

Thanks to Gavin's invitation, I am among those who are responsible for coordinating the content on specific days. What in the world he was thinking, I have no idea (laugh) but I'm supposed to "review blog posts and lift up and comment on those they hold to be especially pertinent to United Methodist life".

(My day, along with a couple of other folks, is Saturday)

I've never been involved with anything like this before so I really don't know what to expect... Heck I don't even know what to do yet! But total ignorance hasn't kept me from blogging for over a year now so I guess it will work out:)

I just think this thing is a great idea. When I started blogging, it was in total isolation - no one read my blog and I read very few others. And that was O.K I had an occasional random comment, but it was really just a notebook for myself.

Since I rethought my blog concept and moved to my own server space, I've read and commented on many, many more blogs (those events aren't necessarily related, just coincidental). That, of course, encourages new visitors and since I've been among the 'Methodist Bloggers', even more so.

That isn't the reason I blog, but I like it. And the Methodist Bloggers are something of an online community and I like that too. This new portal could contribute to that sense of community and relatedness and I hope it takes off like wildfire!

Check it out!

Fair warning: There might be some crazy stuff on the Methoblog on Saturdays...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home