Thursday, November 09, 2006

What he said...

This will be my last post about politics for a long while.

I promise.

The election is over and it turned out about how I expected. And I (mostly) think that is a good thing.

But amid the insane busy-ness that has been my week so far, some thoughts have been forming in my brain about what the elections really mean to us everyday people. It was to be a long post at some point, but 1, I'm tired of thinking about it, 2, I'm just plain tired and 3, the insane busy-ness is no where close to being over so I'm short of time.

That and someone beat me to it. If you want to know what I really think about the election and politics in general, read the Reverend LutherPunk's post here.

That's what I think.

Exactly.

Business as usual!

O.K.

I'm taking a nap now.

Good day!

5 Comments:

At 7:03 AM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

Woo hoo! I am not crazy!

Or you are off your rocker as well.

Either way is good for me.

 
At 7:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day to you too. :)

 
At 7:29 AM , Blogger Carolanne said...

I hope your "promise" is not the type that the politicians make here. I did enjoy reading LP's post about the election - well our election is coming up sometime this month. It's compulsory for all to vote or else we get fined.

 
At 2:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes so the democrats take most of the senate .. good .. glad to see Rumsfield stepping down .. Dick Cheney should resign too .. he is a foul person .. anyway let me ask u this .. the person who replaced Rumsfield .. is he any good?

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger Art said...

LP - 'Prolly bofus' as they say around here.

Carolanne - yes, it's a politician's promise, but like most politicians, I have good intentions (cough).

Thanks for your return visit Emma!

Nabeel - agreed but I really don't know about Gates. My first reaction is this: he is Bush's first choice and a Bush family friend so he must be bad. On the other hand, Bush, contrary to poular opinion, is not an idiot (misguided, yes, but not stupid) and he is choosing this guy to replace Rumsfeld - so he needs someone good. Also Gates has an impressive resume. I think a lot more will come out about him in the next few weeks...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home