Friday, November 10, 2006

How a Blog post caused me to listen to Black Sabbath all day...

My friend LutherPunk is doing a series of posts on musical acts that he listens to. In today's post he highlighted the Misfits. Once again, the Reverend Mr. Punk has put me into a ridiculously bizarre timewarp.

Now I haven't listened to the Misfits in well over a decade... But wait! I might still have a cassette tape of 'Walk Among Us'. I went to the large box that contains my keepsakes, mementos, assorted junk and, oddly enough, old cassette tapes and look what I found:




Not only did I find 'Walk Among Us' but also 'Danzig'. And, as sad as this is, my ancient van has a cassette player. (I promise, the RX-8 will have a 6 disc CD changer)

So, I grabbed the cassettes and rushed out the door for my day of errands. The first thing I discovered was that cassette tapes close to 20 years old tend not to work very well. O.K. then, toss 'Danzig'. I think that actually belonged to the drummer I played with in a band circa 1990.

Hey Wes, you can have your tape back if you want:)

But I've still got 'Walk Among Us' right?

Well... In a word, NO. When I opened the case, I found Black Sabbath's 'Paranoid' instead.

DANG! I was really wanting to hear '20 Eyes' and 'I Turned Into a Martian'.

What could I do? (it must have been a sign) - I put 'Paranoid' into the cassette player, cranked it to '11' and rocked out all day long.

This caused me to pound the steering wheel in time to the music as I generally drove too fast and it caused a little old lady to stare at me in the drive through at the bank. Some teenagers also pointed and laughed in the Wal-Mart parking lot and a guy who looked remarkably like Suge Knight gave me a mean look at a stoplight on Dinah Shore Blvd.

That last one scared me a little but all in all I had fun acting like an idiot today.

Lord knows where 'Walk Among Us' is. Maybe Wes has it?

Thanks, LP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home