Monday, August 14, 2006

Visiting St. Paul's...

Sunday, we went to St. Paul's United Methodist Church for a visit. I have to tell you, I was a little bit apprehensive. It's a nice church, in a good location and I had a really good first impression of Brother Jim. Still, it's out of our comfort zone - an unknown environment and, I was going there partly to 'scope it out' since I'm going to be preaching there in a couple of weeks.
No need to have worried. We were welcomed warmly. Tad made himself at home, naturally, and Shelby seemed at ease also. Stacie, of course, turned out to be the object of most everyone's attention and, as it turns out, her sister works with Jim at his 'regular' job.

A few of the congregants already knew why we were there and then Jim announced it to everyone else from the pulpit. I was afraid it might be a bit of an awkward situation but I saw no sign of that.

We felt right at home and Stacie and I agreed that St. Paul's reminds us both of Harris Chapel...

We'll see how this arrangement works out but, in the meantime, I have to quickly switch gears and get ready for next Sunday's preaching duties at Harris Chapel.

3 Comments:

At 5:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was not the object of everyone's attention! Was I? That makes it sound like I crave attention, now why would you imply something like that?

 
At 1:34 AM , Blogger Art said...

Actually, I wrote that you were "the object of most everyone's attention". But, no, it was not meant to say that you crave attention but that you attract attention. And that you do.

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger RC said...

whew, sounds like it worked out well...that's grat.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home