Saturday, August 05, 2006

That's 'Captain' to you...

Today, we got up early (relatively speaking) to take the kids on a back-to-school shopping trip. We went to Murfreesboro and hit the J.C. Penney, Goody's and Aeropostale for clothes and shoes. Tad and I managed to slip into EB Games for some vids while Stacie and Shelby checked out some overpriced jewelry.

After lunch at Ci-Ci's Pizza, we beat it over to the cinema to watch 'Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest'. Good movie. Funky ending, though. We'd been wanting to see this for a while and, in anticipation, Stacie bought a copy of 'Curse of the Black Pearl' last week. Tad's been watching it every day and has now mastered Jack Sparrow's accent and mannerisms.

Sorry, CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow.

Seriously though, Tad can now recite or even act out whole segments of action from the original movie in character. The kid has got a talent for this type of thing. He's a born performer. I predict he's either gonna be an actor or a preacher.

Or a politician.

Egads!

In the midst of all the shopping, I managed to 'accidentally' drive by the Mitsubishi dealership there in Murfreesboro. To make a long story short, I test drove an '07 Eclipse Spyder GT. It's a HOT looking car, but to be honest, I was somewhat underwhelmed with the performance. If I'm going to have a house payment for a car payment, I want something that is going to scare the living daylights out of me when I drive it. Otherwise, what's the point? I can just stick with the mini-van and save me money. I may try again, though, with a six-speed (which is what I really want anyway). Or I could try the Mustang GT, the RX-8, the 350-Z and so on...

The possibilities are endless.

Have I ever mentioned that I love test-driving sports cars?

That mid-life crisis thing again, y'know.

4 Comments:

At 9:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO! It's not that "midlife crisis" thing... you've always liked the sports cars. It's just that now you're in a position to actually start thinking of purchasing one!

 
At 12:07 AM , Blogger Art said...

Actually, it was you that first accused me of having a midlife crisis. YOU were the first one that pointed out my new interest in sports cars, personal appearance, health, education, clothing, and, I believe, some other veiled references here and there. So now you're saying that you were incorrect? That you were wrong? Or, are you simply contradicting yourself?

 
At 5:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No... now we both know that I am never wrong or incorrect, nor do I ever contradict myself. Sheesh... how could you forget that?!?

 
At 1:35 AM , Blogger Art said...

My dearest Supergirl: We have established that you were not wrong nor incorrect and that you did not contradict yourself. That only leaves the possibilty that this is all a dream. I'm O.K. with that. I've read Descartes too, y'know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home