Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm 'cool'...

Yesterday, after I brought home my new amp, I plugged it in and started to play around with the channels and different settings. I strummed through the 'clean' settings and then switched to 'lead'. I progressively dialed up the gain and finally got that good crunchy-smooth sound that I love. I cranked the volume a bit and started playing through some '70's metal riffs that I remember and - BAM! - there was Tad in the room, suddenly interested in what I was doing.

He started asking questions like, "What does that do?" and "How do you make it do that?"

I played some riffs from some songs that I know he's heard and then, I kid you not, he asked, "Do you know that 'American Woman' song?"

Uh, yeah, but how do you know it?

"I heard it on the radio in your van."

Oh.

"You know it, you know how to play it?"

Yeah.

(Incredulous look)

So I made some adjustments to my amp settings and banged out a passable version of the opening riff.

Is that it?

Tad literally giggled, "That is so cool!"

I may never be this 'cool' in my son's eyes again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home