Saturday, August 12, 2006

Test Drives...

Today we all went mattress shopping. Yeah, we need a new bed. Both the kids have new mattresses, so it's our turn now.

Of course, I had an ulterior motive (or two).

Since we were going to Tullahoma, I accidentally (on purpose) dropped by the Ford dealership there which, in a town this size, also serves as the Mazda dealership.

Uh-Huh.

RX-8.

No, I didn't buy it, but I did find out what it would do at 8000 RPM in fourth gear.

Please don't tell Lt. Dan.

I don't know if I'll buy this car, but I know that I have virtually forgotten about Mitsubishi's Eclipse. No comparison!

Lunch and more mattresses.

Then, I mentioned that I wanted to go to one of the local music shops and 'look' at some amps.

I've been amp-less for a while now and it's starting to bother me. I mean acoustic guitar is fine, but sometimes one just fancies a bit of ye olde headbangin'. Y'know?

Stacie let me buy a Peavey Rage 258 which is technically a practice amp, but it's way loud enough for what I want to do with it. And, yes it has a headphone jack. I think this was the main selling point for Stacie. She doesn't care about channels or inputs or crunch or anything, she just kept mumbling "headphones, headphones" over and over again.

So, no new car, new mattress next week and new amp today.

Peace!

6 Comments:

At 10:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't "let" you buy anything! You don't need my permission for anything! I'm happy you're finally treating yourself to the things you want! AND, if it were up to me, I'd have bought you that RX-8 TODAY!!! The smile you had after driving it alone is enough for me to buy it, cuz you know I don't fully understand the RPM, horsepower, torque stuff. I just know what looks good and for me, that's all that really matters anyway!

 
At 1:41 AM , Blogger Art said...

I don't need your permission for anything?

ANYTHING?

 
At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, now just what do you mean by "ANYTHING".....hmmm.. I wonder!

 
At 1:27 AM , Blogger Art said...

The real question is what did YOU mean by 'anything'? I was just repeating what you had written, remember.

 
At 5:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, the real question is what did YOU mean by 'anything'. Although you repeated what I had written, your post implied something other than what my original post said. Your 'anything' could mean something nefarious, illegal, or God knows what else! So again, I say to you.... what do YOU mean by anything?

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Art said...

This is going nowhere. Suffice it to say that I do need your permission for most anything.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home