Thursday, August 17, 2006

Called...

Radical Congruency had a post yesterday about an upcoming Kary Oberbrunner book entitled Called: Becoming Who You Were Born to Be.

Sounds like something I would read:)

This book "presents a four-component view of discipleship":

Knowing
Being
Doing
Reproducing

(In the post, Justin is quick to point out that 'reproducing' involves disciple-making, not baby-making:)

In this view, we must gain a certain amount of knowledge in order to become a disciple and then use that knowledge to help and minister to others which will in turn make more disciples.

Hey, I seem to recall something about "The mission of the Church...".

What is the rest of that saying?

My own posts may be sparse over the next few days as I finalize my sermon preparation for the next two Sundays.

Good luck to me.

2 Comments:

At 8:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you wouldn't need any "luck". You did an absolutely excellent job today and I know without a doubt that you will do just as well, if not better, next week at St. Paul's! You were flawless!

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger Art said...

Flawless? Not at all. But thanks. And you make a very good liturgist. What's next Lay Speaking School?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home