Monday, October 23, 2006

Busy Sunday...

I returned to St. Paul yesterday after an absence of four weeks to deliver the sermon at their service of morning worship.

It actually seems like more than a month since I was there. It felt good to be back, though, and the experience has given me a whole new set of thoughts to ramble about in my next post on 'calling'.

I took Tad with me (he was very well behaved) while Shelby went to Harris Chapel with Stacie...

We just beat them back home in time to get lunch ready. After lunch, I had enough time to pay a few bills before heading off to my regular job.

An overview of my day: I got up about 7:30 a.m., drove about 100 miles during the day, got to sit down a grand total of about one hour (not counting drive time) and finally got into bed sometime after midnight. My Sundays are starting to get a little crazy.

Stacie couldn't go to church with me for several reasons - mainly because Jack, our pastor at HC, is gone on a week-long mission trip to Matamoras Mexico and Stacie had to help lead the service. In addition to her usual jobs of playing the piano and directing the choir, she also delivered the children's sermon - sorry - message.

Just in case you are following these developments, in the space of eight days, my wife has delivered a full-fledged sermon for our Laity Sunday service (which was outstanding), taught a Wednesday evening Bible study on Acts chapter 2 and, today, delivered the Children's message in the late service.

Hmmm...

3 Comments:

At 11:27 AM , Blogger Susan as Herself said...

I'd like to be able to sight read too. Seven years of childhood piano lessons didn't even help me...

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger Stace said...

Do you know what one Laity sermon, a bible study class, and a children's sermon add up to? NOTHING! That's what...

 
At 2:29 AM , Blogger Art said...

Susan, yeah, exactly. Seems like I've heard that somewhere before:) Thanks for your effluvious commentatiousness though!

Stacie, that's not what the pastor said. You wouldn't want to dispute the pastor would you?

Well, would you?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home