Thursday, October 19, 2006

Seven Wonders.

The powers that be are trying to come up with a new 'seven wonders of the world'.

They started with a list of 200 'wonders' and narrowed that down to 21 for a final vote.

So what would you choose for the new seven wonders?

Here's my list:

Acropolis, Athens, Greece

Great Wall, China

Machu Picchu, Peru

Petra ancient city, Jordan

Pyramids of Giza, Egypt

Stonehenge, Amesbury, United Kingdom

Taj Mahal, Agra, India

(my #8 would have to be the giant plastic chicken in my hometown...)

5 Comments:

At 10:23 AM , Blogger Susan as Herself said...

I would agree with you on all of those... And isn't there something known as The Hanging Gardens of Babylon or something? I never really understood what that was...

Oh, and gotta love that rooster.

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What about the giant talking Paul Bunyon of Brainerd, Minnesota?

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger Stace said...

Uh....about the chicken.. it's for sale. So I wouldn't count on it making any kind of list.

 
At 1:06 AM , Blogger Art said...

Susan, The Hanging Gardens of Babylon was one of the ancient seven wonders. It no longer exists so it can't be on the new and improved 7W.

(BTW, I never understood what his thing was supposed to be either)

Pastor DH, thanks for the visit and the comment. Never seen (nor heard of) the GTPB. Actually, I've never heard of Brainerd, MN, but I have been to Nimrod, Oregon. No giant Paul Bunyan there though!

And how could that possibly compare to a giant plastic rooster? I mean really?!

Stacie, is it the plastic chicken or the 3rd rate Mex restaurant that is for sale? I didn't see a sign on either. If it's only the chicken that is for sale, you know what we could do? We could... ah, never mind.

 
At 6:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

checkout the true, Ancient Wonders of the World .. that truly are wondrous.

http://nabeelzeeshan.blogspot.com/search?q=ancient+wonders&x=0&y=0

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home