Friday, May 12, 2006

They call me 'Speedy'.

The municipality of Winchester has this ridiculous rule that you can't drive double the posted speed limit.

I don't understand this.

I thought those signs with the numbers on them were just suggestions. I guess not.

Apparently, the WPD decided to take a day off from murder investigations, tracking down meth labs and arresting child abusers and rapists in order to harass speedy but otherwise completely safe and law-abiding drivers.

Your tax dollars at work!

But I had my day in court and it would have been a simple matter if Deputy Fife had written the correct court location on my citation.

He didn't.

After sitting through the initial docket reading in General Sessions, my friend Gena, who works in the court, realized I was in the wrong place and called me over. I showed her my ticket and pointed out where it said "General Sessions Court, Franklin County". She shrugged, pointed to the officer's name and made a funny face. I then hurried to City Hall, waited all of about 45 seconds, plead guilty, threw myself on the mercy of the court and was promptly sentenced to pay nothing but court cost - $64.75.

The whole thing took about 5 minutes - not counting the half hour I spent with the real criminals at the GS.

Thanks Barney!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home