Monday, April 24, 2006

The end of Socrates.

I'm done with Socrates and Sophism. I've read over my 1000+ word paper a dozen times, I've made smaller and smaller changes each time, I've run the thing through every permutation of spell check and grammar check known to mankind, I've double checked all my sources and facts again and again. I've saved it in the proper format and it is now as ready as it will ever be to submit.

Of course I'm going to read over it one more time...

Once it goes off though hyperspace to some office at the University of Memphis, though, that's it. I won't look at it again until after I get a grade. Y'know why? Because invariably, I will find some small error that should have been changed and then it will be too late. I've developed this method to keep me from going crazy. I mean crazier.

I think it's a good paper though, maybe the best I've written. Which probably means I'll get a "C" on it...

I have surprised even my own humble self at how much of an expert I've become on Socrates. I did so much supplemenary reading and made so many notes, that when I went to type the paper, I just sat down and started typing with no reference materials or notes in front of me and banged out an 800 word version of the thing in one sitting. I then went back and added some points, put in my citations and sources and viola! as Kelly Bundy might say.

Unfortunately, I almost forgot to mention a very important point about Alcibiades. Whew! Glad I remembered that.

Hopefully, I'll get a decent grade and can then start working on the final exam questions (when I get them) which are more like another major paper than simply "questions".

Whadda mean none of this is useful? I've already been using the Elenctic method on my children and coworkers.

Very fun! TschuB!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home