Monday, May 15, 2006

Here's to the mom's...

We had a nice weekend. Stacie would never tell me anything she wanted for Mother's day so I just took her shopping. The quickest way to a woman's heart is through a department store after all. And she needed some new clothes due to her continued weight loss.

The low point in the weekend came when Tad ‘had an accident’ in Goody's or J.C. Penney or somewhere. I kept thinking, "What is that smell?" It finally dawned on me. Off to the men's room we went. He's done this type of thing before... Stacie thinks he has some kind of condition. I think he's just too dang lazy to go when he needs to.

Back to the shopping. Actually, I think that's the only reason Stacie is losing weight. She knows that if she goes down a size, she'll get new clothes. Pretty smart.

We had planned a surprise Sunday dinner for our mom at Holly's house. That means I spent most of Saturday night and a couple of hours Sunday cooking barbecue. As I always say, the pig sacrificed much more than I did.The secret was protected well enough through the week. Everyone was in on it - even the kids. Kassidy and Shelby, especially, went out of their way to lie through their teeth to "B" to keep the secret. I think they delighted in the deception. Kassidy went so far as to say that "B" couldn't come into their house because it smelled like 'poo'.

I think they've got the wrong kid.

Funny thing is, mom came over late Saturday night to get Stacie to make a corsage for my grandmother. I had just taken the pig leg out of the smoker and put it in the oven. Mom walked in and asked, "Did y'all grill out tonight?

"Yeah, sort of."

It smells good."

Thanks.

Of course my dad was in on it too. They were driving around the countryside today waiting on the appointed time as my mother increasingly complained about being hungry.

Ha.

Dinner went well and I rushed off to work.

Later, I came home to find a very sweet note that Stacie had left for me thanking me for everything...

Sometimes I'm just amazed at how good my life is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home