Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Some Updates...

First, I'm on vacation this week. That gives me time to catch up on my blogging, numerous errands and some final Christmas shopping. Stacie and I are giving each other a new computer so I'll be setting that set up and finalizing my Wordpress blog for the New year's roll out. I can't wait to get on the new computer even though it will be a basic no-frills type. This East German military surplus model I'm using right now has definitely seen better days...

Second, my part time job as a preacher impersonator has come to an end. This situation was always intended to be a short-term thing so I'm fine with that. I received official word of this last week from our District Superintendent. She also wanted to meet with me to discuss "my calling". We had a nice meeting where I basically stumbled over my words, said "um" a lot and probably left her with the impression that I am as confused and unsure about this subject as, well, as I am. At any rate, I will soon be participating in the Ministry Inquiry Process. I will keep an open mind about this but I think I know how it's going to turn out...

I will also say that I am very pleased with the Reverend Leimenstoll's commitment to utilize Certified Lay Speakers in this District. And it's not just talk - in addition to my experience with St. Paul, fellow Methoblogger (and CLS), John Carney, has been tapped to fill in at Cannon UMC early next year. Good luck John!

Finally, the beginning of another semester looms and it looks like I won't be taking classes - again. Assuming I am able to return to my studies in the Fall of '07, it will have been a full year with zero educational progress. That stinks.

So that's where I'm at - confused, uneducated and limping along with a half broken blog and a clunky old computer.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:36 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

that'll be nice to have a new computer...my wife and I have debated getting a new computer, but...this 2003 laptop is still holding up.

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger Carolanne said...

I'm going to put a deposit on a new computer today! Yay!
You know, you might be confused, uneducated and limping along but at least you're still moving forward. I'd be worried if you started sliding backwards on your back or something.
And I like your blog so give it a break - it's not half broken, even if the tool you're using is!
2007 will be here quickly so hang in there!!!!!
Seriously, I love reading your blog and find you, your posts, your comments encouraging.
Thank You!

 
At 2:37 PM , Blogger Art said...

Thanks, Ryan. Ours is much older than yours...

Carolanne, Hmmm, Backsliding? I will hang... Thank you once again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home