Thursday, November 30, 2006

Gimme a break...

I am considering a blogging hiatus of sorts. For most people that would mean not blogging at all for a period of time but I'm thinking of just scaling back a bit - writing two or three posts per week instead of two or three a day.

Half the time (OK, maybe more) my posts are just silliness anyway. Perhaps writing fewer posts will force me to write about more serious subjects. Or not - who knows. Then again, I may simply re-post some old stuff from my archives.

The reasons for this are many but mainly because December looks to be very busy for me in a variety of ways. There are a number of things I want to accomplish and there are only so many hours in a day...

I also need to get everything set up for my move to WordPress which I think will be on January, 1, 2007.

I'll still be reading and commenting on my favorite blogs and I'll remain involved with the Methoblog but I need a bit of a break...

This will probably be my last post for the week (other than maybe something on the Methoblog) so have a nice weekend and a joyous and blessed beginning to the Christian year!

9 Comments:

At 2:13 PM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

1. Silliness is good for the soul. Most of what I put on my blog is just tripe, but it does me good to just turn my brain off.

2. What would I read if you took a hiatus?

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger gavin richardson said...

no need to call for a hiatus if you are going to calm down the posts. i just look to do one post a day, i figure something happened today, why not share that. if there is more to talk about then i might or might not share.. if i can't get to one thing on a day, oh well. people still come back

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Susan as Herself said...

I enjoy silliness in general, and I will miss the daily posts, but I TOTALLY understand... Funny too--- you and Thailand Girl "breaking" for similar reasons (I was unable to leave a comment there)--I wish you both a pleasant respite!

 
At 1:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I leave you for a few days while I "recover" and come back ready to post more inane comments and this is what I come back to?????
What are you thinking????
Even when I'm not checking out ALL of my favourite blogs, I make sure to check yours... except for the last couple of days because you know.....
Hmmmm.
My world, as I know it, is falling apart. First the BMF, now you. What next?

 
At 3:13 AM , Blogger Art said...

LP, yes, silliness can be good but I think my silliness has been misunderstood by some... And what will you read??? 27 other blogs! Or perhaps some geekiness like 'The Liturgical Year of Dom Prosper Guéranger' - IN FIFTEEN HARD BOUND VOLUMES no less!!! I'm sure you'll survive!:)

Gavin, 'hiatus' was not the right word. But I don't know what is... Rebecca Blood says that a blogger should always inform his or her readers of any change in blogging schedules or habits. I just didn't want anyone thinking I was a victim of a controversy or had been kindnapped by fundamentalists...

Susan, Thank you and (Governegger accent) I'll be back!

Carolanne, Awwwww, thank you! Feel free to comment anyway. I had been missing you. And your comments were never inane. That was just silliness...

To all, I'M NOT GOING AWAY! I just need some time. Blogging has become something of an obsession to me and I'm not sure it is healthy. I'll continue to blog, just less frequently, as I take care of some other things and possibly emerge as a better blogger...

 
At 3:35 AM , Blogger Deepak Gopi said...

:)have a good weekend

 
At 4:16 AM , Blogger Mona said...

hello!...I agree...blogging can become an obssessive compulsive disorder just like any other thing can be!..guess my next post will be on that!though not blogging as an OCD.
Meanwhile, wud you please be kind enough to leave a feedback on my blog?it is kind of important...

 
At 10:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Some days I can blog 3 times too, and then there are weeks on end of nothing. I have slowed down a lot since last august, due to feeling worn out. Make sure you blog regularly though and don't take a tooooo long hiatus. Bye !!

 
At 8:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think three posts a week are plenty .. well it all depends on what sort of blog you have .. but if you have a pause between posts that will give users to read and comment on 'em ... and you can then reply collectively.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home