Monday, November 27, 2006

College Ball - Week 13.

First, LSU beat Arkansas. I'm not sure what to think about this since I pretty much despise both teams. But since it's an upset, I guess I'm OK with it.

Tennessee beat traditional beer-barrel rival Kentucky. Good. Classic quote from Phil "justgladtostillhaveajob" Fulmer: "It's great to win when you don't play particularly well...". That could be the theme of UT's season...

And sadly, Middle Tennessee lost to Troy. BY ONE POINT! On the record, MTSU remains tops in the Sunbelt Conference. But if Troy beats Florida Central they will have the same conference record as MT and, having beat MT, would get the conference bid to the whatever bowl. Potentially a disheartening end to a great season...

$#!+

Finally, Oregon State beat Oregon by two points...

Ducks versus Beavers.

Need I say more?

7 Comments:

At 6:04 AM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

You despise LSU? Explain.

The first college football game I ever attended was LSU/Alabama. My grandparents are boosters. Tiger Stadium is a great place to see a game.

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Art said...

Maybe 'despise' was too strong a word... I am NOT trying to start any blog controversy here:)

My thinking was that neither University is in Tennessee, therefore both teams are bad.

I know some folks will have a problem with that reasoning but we're talking about college football here - normal methods of thinking just don't apply.

You, LP, are a Florida fan after all, which totally defies all logic to me:)

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

You, LP, are a Florida fan after all, which totally defies all logic to me:)

Well, now you have a blog controversy on your hands mister! ;-)

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

Ha, I just read the Troy-MTSU story. You guys in Tennessee should be used the 21-20 score this year!
;-)

 
At 2:04 AM , Blogger Art said...

LP, I still accept you as a child of God and recognize your sacred worth as a person...

And I wondered how long it would be before someone picked up on the 20-21 thing. I had given you a week, minimum. You continue to exceed my expectations, ya punk! Er, I mean, Reverend Punk...

 
At 6:00 AM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

Once I opened the article, it jumped right off the page and led to this sinister laugh!

Hmmmm...football season is winding down. I hope you like the roundball so we can keep this banter up. Plus, the SEC is pretty strong again this year.

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger Art said...

LP, I've enjoyed theses exchanges with you about college football, but that's about it for me as far as sports go. Sorry.

('roundball'? You like soccer???)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home