Friday, November 24, 2006

The weekend.

Thanksgiving 2006 has come and gone. We spent a mostly quiet day with family and, of course, ate way too much.

As always, lunch was at my parents' house with my sister and her family. Here you can see the kids (mine and my sister's) enjoying 'crazy time' after the meal:

Afterward, we took a leisurely afternoon drive, visited the cemetery where Stacie's mom is buried and returned home to make the final preparation for the evening meal (like we needed it).

Not to brag, but our turkey was just over the top this year. Some of the best turkey I have ever had to privilege to consume.
Three guesses what's stuffed up ol' Tom's rearside... Mmm, mmm good! That bird doesn't quite look the same this morning but there are plenty of potential sandwiches left in the 'fridge!

With all that over, we should now be able to spend the remainder of the weekend relaxing around the house...

You gotta be kiddin'.

No, Stacie's working today but leaving early. Saturday is nephew Craig's wedding. The kids and I will meet Stacie at the bank with the SUV fully loaded and we'll hopefully make it to Nashville just in time for the wedding rehearsal. Then, dinner after that and we're spending the night since brother-in-law Tim reserved a block of rooms at the hotel.

I hope to have a couple of hours Saturday to do our own thing in the big city before we have to start getting dressed for the ceremony in the afternoon. Then there's the reception and the hour plus drive back home.

We'll be lucky to get home before the kids' bedtime. And then we have early service on Sunday...

So, no relaxing around the house for us, laugh.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and you'll be hearing from me sometime next week.

In the meantime, consider this: What if Geoffrey Chaucer had been into science fiction and classic rock lyrics?

9 Comments:

At 8:40 AM , Blogger John said...

Beer can chicken has become my favorite way to prepare chicken.

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Mona said...

Nashville... My brother lived and worked there for ten years as a vice president of a consultancy [ he owns one in Canada now called Pentacann}. I was exporting my artifact to Nashville...marble tables inlaid with semi precious stones..coffee tables, dinning and conference tables etc.
TN is breathtakingly picturesque with its undulations and some lovely buildings there and the bristos.& you will not believe..I just loved the farmer's market, and also visited some flea markets on my way from Atlanta..& that huge walmart on the way...But nothing to match the vistas of cows grazing in the meadows and the lakes!...Nashville downtown is a nice place to stroll around...and the sound of country music...the cowboy gear...
& I have not seen such huge trees in my country as in your's..specially San Fransisco.Enjoyed visiting LA and New York too...some beautiful museums and churches in NY are quite amazing and awesome..

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

I love Nashville. The last time I was there I stayed at the Hilton right across from the CMHF and had a blast.

 
At 4:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty busy weekend - enjoy!

 
At 5:58 AM , Blogger Deepak Gopi said...

chicken:):):):)
have a good weekend :)

 
At 8:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving to you too :) .. great picture of the kids .. smiles all around :)

Gopi - that's a turkey!

 
At 10:50 PM , Blogger Art said...

John, it works as well with Turkey. I just hope the Baptists don't see you buying the huge can of beer;)

Thank you Dizzy - fascinating.

LP, drove between the two last night!

Carolanne, busy but good - busy!

Deepak and Nabeel, Thanks and same to you. I'll let you two fight this out but, Yes, it is a small Turkey only cooked like a chicken. Btw, this exchange really made me laugh!

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Susan as Herself said...

Glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving--- sounds like all of you had a perfect day!

 
At 4:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home