Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bring it on!

News flash...

Jason Woolever has removed himself from the Methoblog.

Liberal 'provoker' that I am, I probably had a small part to play in this decision. I hate that because I had started to like Jason.

I disagree with him on almost everything but I enjoy debates and there will be less of them now that Jason is gone.

Plus, it was really fun!

Unfortunately, Jason found little enjoyment in the exchanges. I respect his decision to depart but I disagree with his rationale for doing so.

But now, the Methobloggers must find someone else to gang up on:)

Instead of looking for another ultra-conservative, fundamentalist, evangelical United Methodist, I suggest that there might be some liberal, universalist, anarchist type Methoblogger right under your very noses.

You could pick on him instead.

Fair warning: if you're thinking of the same person I am, he is not quite as thin-skinned as Jason!

7 Comments:

At 6:20 AM , Blogger Mona said...

You Love debates. Debates, like expressing points of views, or simply refuting???...If it is the latter, then it is egotistical sublimity.But points of views are always welcome.Argumentative policy is great so long as it helps in developing interpersonal skills...otherwise, as a liberal, one ought to respect each other's point of view and angle of presentation.After all, It was God Himself, who created Man with something special, called Free Will.
Philosophy is like a prostitute. It can go with anyone.For every philosophy, there is always an equal and opposite philosophy.
I personally seek Truth, which is both universal and relative.

 
At 6:23 AM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

Geez, just search the alumni directory of the UMC seminary I attended to find a liberal universalist. They will be easy to find.

 
At 10:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps we are all about debates these days.

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger Art said...

Just having some fun, guys. I like a debate only when something is learned. I'm actually quite non-confrontational and I'm not all that liberal. I'm not much of a universalist either...

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger jasdye said...

and an anarchist is just a libertarian w/o the political savvy.

 
At 3:39 AM , Blogger Art said...

J., Yeah, that is me! Ha! Can I use that?

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger jasdye said...

sorry. pending copywrite.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home