Monday, November 27, 2006

I hate to do this, but...

I've always disliked the 'word verification' feature in Blogger. It's that annoying little window where you have to type in random letters before you can leave a comment on someone's blog. I realize it's there for a reason but I always thought it was of limited value.

I had enabled 'comment moderation' some time ago because I was getting some rude annonymous comments. That went away eventually after I began deleting those comments before they could appear on the blog. I guess that person got the picture. (I know who you are, btw)

But I never enabled word verification because I never got spam comments. Until now, that is! I've gotten several in the past couple of weeks and their frequency is increasing. So I'm now joining the ranks of you fine word verification folks.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but if I want you to read about herbal impotence remedies and such, I'll write a post about them. Don't worry, I don't and I won't...

4 Comments:

At 6:50 PM , Blogger TN Rambler said...

Welcome to the club Art. The word verification thing is a tremendous pain in the rump...especially when you have to use it on your own comments.

 
At 1:59 AM , Blogger Art said...

Thanks, Wayne. You're right and I just experienced that for the very first time. Shouldn't my own blog recognize me without making me type "qirbisgk" ???!!!

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger jasdye said...

apples are delicious and nutritious! for a good time, come by my site!

 
At 1:06 PM , Blogger Art said...

What??? I don't think I understand that but I will come by your site, Jasdye...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home