Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmasy Meme...


I was tagged by Lutherpunk, so here goes:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Nothin' but 'Nog. Of course it would be the United Methodist Global Committee on Traditional Christmas Drinks approved non-alcoholic variety.

(cough)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Wrapped up tighter than Pat Buchanan's sphincter during Gay Pride week. Just ask my wife. No, I mean ask her about the present wrapping, not about Pat Buchanan's sphincter!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

This year, it's white lights on a white tree with PINK ornaments! Pink!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

Nope. But I did shoot some out of a tree once.

5. When do you put your decorations up?

Normally, at the beginning of Advent. But for some reason, Ms. Supergirl went crazy and had the tree and decorations up before Thanksgiving this year. See link on #3.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?

What's NOT my favorite holiday dish would be an easier question to answer. Can't go wrong with a big juicy baked ham, though.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

Like LP, playing with my cousins at Granny's house on Christmas eve or Christmas afternoon.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

I was really young, maybe 4 or 5 and I was sitting on the lap of one of those department store Santa's and I remember looking at the guy and thinking, "uh-huh...".

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Only a small one (or two). Or four. Or...

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?

IT HAS PINK ORNAMENTS, OK? Obviously, my wife decorates the tree while I'm at work...

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

Love it until it happens.

12. Can you ice skate?

What kind of a question is that? I'm from Tennessee. Of course not.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

One year I got one of those BIG Hotwheels race track sets as a kid. That one sticks out for some reason. And I'll never forget the feeling I had when I first saw the solid gold ring that Stacie had custom-made for me with a garnet that I (sort of) dug from the earth myself. More recently, the digital camera was way cool. Thanks dear!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Being with family. Hands down.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

Does Eggnog count? You've realized by now that I REALLY like eggnog. Light on the nutmeg please and heavy on the, uh, nog. Pecan pie is good too. Chess pie. Pumpkin pie. Or just any old pie. Is there an eggnog pie?

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Grandmother's house again. We did it as kids and now our kids know they will go to Bee's house on Chistmas eve and Bennie's house on Christmas morning, no questions asked.

17. What tops your tree?

This is getting irritating - a PINK stylized star. It's all PINK. Get over it!

18.Which do you prefer giving or receiving?

I know some will say 'giving' just because it sounds better, but if I had to choose between the two, it would really be giving. Especially to the kids. I remember a couple of years ago when we went way overboard on their "Santa" gifts. The joy on their faces was overwhelming. Tad had been misbehaving somewhat and we had threatened him with the "lump of coal" business. On Christmas morning, he looked at us amid the piles of toys and wrapping detritus and said, "I guess we were pretty good after all!" What can beat that?

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Easy - I Am Santa Claus by Bob Rivers. I also love all the classics - White Christmas, Blue Christmas, Silent Night, O Little Town... and about a dozen more.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?

Yuck! Unless you first disolve them in Vodka. That's Yum. Well, that's what I've been told...

If you really read all that, consider yourself TAGGED!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny! Your love of eggnog reminded me of another blogger's post regarding the stuff. Michael Spencer has some pretty funny comments at internetmonk dot com (I am assuming links can't be placed here) in his December 9 post entitled "True Confessions of an Egg Nog Addict."

Thanks for the explanation about scripts!

A pink tree? You must really love your wife!

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger Mona said...

And I remember acting out the Birth of Christ scene at school, and singing those psalms...'Silent night, holy night' etc. etc.
And I loved a few lines of christmas song that went " a time for giving, a time for getting/ a time for forgiving and for forgetting.."

Dizzy

 
At 10:42 PM , Blogger Stace said...

Remember honey...you said and I quote "As long as it makes me happy, you don't care what kind of tree we have". Remember that, dear? You must admit, it's a very lovely tree. ;)

 
At 12:34 AM , Blogger Deepak Gopi said...

Hi:)
I am back. I once dressed at a Santa clouse for a Carrol.After dressing it was difficult for me to walk:)
I will post a review about IFFK 2006 on Monday.Good day & nice weekend.
Hope you r fine.

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Art said...

Vicki, yes I do!

That's nice Dizzy. Thanks.

Stacie, I said, "As long as it make YOU happy..."

Thanks, Deepak. I had a major fit of the giggles imagining you struggling to walk in a Santa suit:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home