Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Blogging Politics...

I quit intentionally spouting off about my political opinions in this venue some time ago. It really wasn't a deliberate decision, I just slowly realized I was really bad at it. And I also came to the realization that I am about as politically divergent as I am theologically emergent. There are things about both major parties that I like and many more about both that I despise. I'm just not partisan enough to be a good political blogger.

Having said all that, I am watching the Tennessee Senate race very closely. Senator Frist is not running again so that he can make his presidential bid (yeah - as if). The replacement contenders are former Chattanooga mayor Bob Corker and Memphis political scion Harold Ford Jr.

Eastside TN vs. Westside TN?

This campaign just gets uglier as the days count down - another reason I soured on politics - and both camps have had some pretty nasty things to say about one another. The ads are getting meaner and meaner (and much less factual) as time goes on.

And now this: Corker calls his own ad 'distasteful' while Dems call it racist?

I haven't seen the ad but from the description, I would have to agree with both camps!

Please, just get this ugliness over with already!

Any guesses who I'm voting for???

2 Comments:

At 6:45 AM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

Man...I no longer have any right to complain about the ads in GA. Are you kidding me with that?!?!!?

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger Art said...

No, FOR REAL. And, sorry, it was members of Corker's own GOP that called the ad 'racist'. Ford called it 'desperate'.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home