Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Huh?

I received a check in the mail today...

Not a bad thing, mind you, but I don't know why I got this check. The attached letter explained that it was my portion of the settlement from a class-action lawsuit filed against a financial institution that I have not dealt with in several years.

The letter also mentioned that I had been previously notified of this matter...

I have absolutely no recollection of that.

That, and it was a check for $1.72!

A dollar and seventy-two cents!

What the...

By the time you take into account postage costs, accounting costs, attorney fees and so on, it probably cost them five dollars to send me my buck 7-2!

The letter also made clear that I must cash the check before March 22, 2007 or it would become null and void.

I'll be sure to mark that date on my calendar!

3 Comments:

At 6:28 AM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

So, will you be skipping work today over your new found fortune?

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger Susan as Herself said...

I got one of those once... I think it was for $3.00 and change. I bought a beer with it, and toasted the company who sent me free money.

 
At 12:20 AM , Blogger Art said...

No, Lp, skipping work - bad! Skip a minute, maybe.

Besides, I like Susan's plan better.

But I think I'll invest the $1.72 in the stock market instead. If I choose wisely, I could be worth millions in a couple of hundred years!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home