Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Almost never was...

In addition to the e-mail I received yesterday telling me how not to be such a loser in trying to attract women I don't want to attract who are such losers that they would be attracted to any loser who would need to get advice from a third-rate e-mail scam, I also received a rather puzzling e-mail from my university.

One of my advisors e-mailed me about some very important academic goings-on at the ol' school for the current semester.

Um, no one bothered to tell you that I'm not taking classes this semester?

True, I didn't personally inform this person that I was sitting out this semester but I would tend to think that the lack of a check in the mail would, at the very least, have been a clue.

Does this mean I need to drop the classes I had thought about registering for? Do I need to call the professors I might have had to tell them why they have never heard of me? Do I need to cite sources in the papers I could have written? Should I try to reconnect with old friends I never met?

Just wondering.

I could go on, but what's the point?

I guess it's easy for one insignificant, 30-something, part-time student to slip through the virtual cracks when there are 25,000 or so of my class-mates out there vying for attention as well.

Now, if I can just figure out how to get a grade out of this...

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM , Blogger Deepak Gopi said...

Very interesting post.

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger Art said...

Thanks, Deepak.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home