Sunday, September 17, 2006

College ball!

I'm bummed that our Volunteers lost to Florida. At Neyland too! And Meyers' first try! Bring back Zook I say!



But at least it was only one point. We should have won but what with poor officiating, even poorer coaching and one of the worst attemps at a PAT I've ever seen, it could have been a LOT worse.

Vandy lost too but I got to see my buddy D-Day's nephew, Cassen Jackson-Garrison take one in for a score.

Possibly the most shocking game of the weekend was Michigan's man-handling of #2 Notre Dame. Make that formerly #2!

But I am at peace because MTSU shut out midstate rival Tennessee Tech...

44 to 0!

GO BIG BLUE!

4 Comments:

At 6:28 PM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

No, I think Zook is off wrecking someone else's program!

The last two years will undoubtedly go down as the ugliest UT-UF games in history. Sloppy play all the way around, and even sloppier officiating. But I'll take what I can get. I was starting to worry that we would never win on the road again!

 
At 6:52 PM , Blogger Stace said...

We were robbed! Yet again..I would get hopeful about the rest of the season, but what's the point?

 
At 7:00 PM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

Well, it is early yet. Better to lose in September than in November. With one loss, and this early in SEC play, it is still all up in the air. UF still has to play at Auburn, and we have Bama, LSU and Georgia in the mix as well. I don't see us escaping the SEC unscathed either.

Scenario: If UF loses to UGA and UGA loses to UT, and UF drops one other game, then you guys have it.

In 1997, UF beat UT but lost to UGA and LSU. UT went onto the SEC Championship game that year.

Of course, If UT doesn't get a rushing game going, then none of this matters.

 
At 12:20 AM , Blogger Art said...

LP: Yes he is, but I'm pretty sure that UT administrators are planning on hiring Zook when they get around to canning Fulmer...

As far as the rest of the season?

There are a LOT of "if"s in that scenario of yours.

I'm pinning all my hopes now on Middle Tennessee State University!

That's only slightly more sad than it sounds.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home