Sunday, September 24, 2006

Busy weekend...

Shelby had her first middle school dance on Friday night. We met Stacie after work, went out to eat and then took Shelby to the dance.
How cool they are:


Saturday, of course, was game day.

Arkansas beat Alabama. Yes! In OT no less!!

Tennessee won against the Hundering Therd of Marshall. Ooooh!

And Vanderbilt beat cross- town non-rival Tennessee State. Incredibly this was the first time VU has ever played TSU. The first time! I’m sure this goes back to the days of segregation when TSU was the ‘black’ state supported university in Middle Tennessee with MTSU, as its all white counterpart down the road in Murfreesboro, but that’s been a long time ago. What gives? Maybe it's a socioeconomic status type thing...

And my mighty Blue Raiders succumbed to Oklahoma. I realize the sooners were pumped - they had something to prove... Why did they have to prove it against my school?

What in the world was MTSU doing playing Oklahoma anyway???

Well, every once in a while, they let Middle play a real football team (usually with similar results). Although the Raiders destroyed Tennessee Tech last week, they were themselves even more destroyed by OK this week. Just look at the combined score of the last two MTSU games:

Winner 103
Loser 0

Too bad we were on the wrong side of the zero side this time…

But there were a lot of huge scores and huge blowouts in college ball this week...

Speaking of car wrecks, I saw two this weekend (literally): one on Friday as I went to meet Stacie and one on Saturday after our trip to Sewanee (more on that later).
In each case, we came upon the wreck on a two lane road in the middle of nowhere with no detour possible and nothing to do but sit and wait and take pictures of someone else’s misfortune. The weather here has been bad so I’m sure that contributed, and, seriously, I hope no one was hurt…

Today, we all went to St. Paul again. I brought the message and the ladies of the church were delighted to see Stacie and the kids. They even drafted Stacie to sing with them in the choir… I think they like her better than me… But that’s O.K., I’m used to that. Again, it seemed to go over well, but I’m still having trouble determining that objectively. I think I’m going to take LutherPunk’s suggestion and tape myself in practice. I won’t be back to St. Paul for a month because of our upcoming trip, so maybe by then I will has learned something…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home