Sunday, May 28, 2006

I'm now a metrosexual...

After years of making do with nothing more than some bargain brand dandruff shampoo, a bar of plain white soap and a tube of Chap-stick, I now find that I spend an inordinate amount of money on 'personal grooming' products. What's worse is that I spend an equally inordinate amount of time using those products...

It all started last year. Maybe it was a midlife crisis, I don't know.
I had decided to go back to school and had begun to feel a little, well, old for a college student. So, I bought some new clothes, test drove some sexy sports cars and started using Rogaine on my bald head. It's working, but it actually took a couple of months for Stacie to notice this last thing.
I hadn't really kept it from her - the bottle of noxious smelling stuff was sitting in the medicine cabinet the whole time - but I didn't say, "This is what I'm doing..." either.

One day she said, "What have you done to your hair? It looks fuller!"

Ahem...

So I've continued with that and I've gone on a weight loss and exercise program - about 45 pounds now - thanks for noticing, I'm getting my hair cut on a regular basis, coloring it too, don't forget the clean-shaven baby face, I'm using eye cream for Pete's sake, Burt's Bees instead of Chap-stick and I recently started using 'thickening shampoo'.

To make the effemination of myself complete, I just 'Naired' my back. Let me tell ya that stuff smells like death on a cracker.

But it works!

At least I recognize the irony of simultaneously trying to increase the hair on my
head while reducing the hair on my back!

Just for the record, it was 'Nair' for men...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home