Thursday, December 21, 2006

New Computer.

This is nice. I've go the new computer all set up and it is NICE! It's only a cheap, basic home computer with no extras for us to use until we can get a nice laptop sometime next year but it WORKS.

I hadn't realized how bad the other one was. The very first, most obvious thing is that the monitor is literally smaller than some books I own. As compared to the old one which was larger than many TV sets. Yeah and same viewing area too! The monitor is crisp and bright. My eyes had become accustomed to the old one, I guess. It now looks dark and fuzzy and Yuk.

As a bonus, it now takes far less than 5 full minutes to log on or off, all the programs work, nothing freezes up, and I can have multiple windows open simultaneously.

And this computer is so small by comparison, we actually have some room on our desktop for something besides keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers...

It's really amazing - When I first started studying computer science, a computer with this much processing power would have filled a small room and cost a fortune. Now you can get it for $600.00 and it fits in two square feet.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Dad I so agree with you! The oldcomputer is so humongonus!!

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger Emma said...

Lucky. I wanna new computer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home