Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hate.

Yesterday I wrote a blog post about a hilarious story a pastor friend had told me.

When I clicked 'publish', Blogger crashed my computer.

I counted to ten and wrote a snarky, yet still humorous, post about losing the other post.

Guess what happened then...

Yep.

Blogger informed me that there was a problem with the server and a technician would be notified.

Technician my A$$!

I quickly verified that the 'server problem' had nothing to do with MY server so it must have been THEIR server.

Isn't this why I quit Blogspot and got my own server space?

Why, yes it is, Art. Thanks for asking.

So why exactly does my blog post's success depend on Blogger's server?

WHY???

This all reminds me of the love/hate relationship I have had with Blogger over the past year.

I LOVE TO HATE BLOGGER.

They make it so easy too.

I hated Blogger when I had my blog on Blogspot, I hated Blogger when I tried hand coding my blog and I hate Blogger now that I have my Blogger managed blog on my own server space.

I thoroughly hate Blogger but I have never hated Blogger as much as I hated Blogger on the afternoon of November 14th, 2006!

Guess what.

I STILL HATE BLOGGER!

What should I do?

Jay Voorhees suggested on the Methoblog that Blogger dweebs should switch to Vox or Wordpress.

I checked out Vox and I wasn't impressed by the look and feel of the thing.

Wordpress, though, has promise.

I don't like all the restrictions they place on customization and such but it's FREE, has a lot of cool features and seems to work like a charm.

Fast and reliable - Everything that Blogger is not.

I set up a temporary account with Wordpress to do a testbed blog and so far, I like what I see.

I know I promised not to change my template again.

I will keep that promise.

I WILL NOT change my Blogger template again.

Ever.

Because very soon I won't be using a Blogger template at all.

I will be using something else.

Something like, oh, Wordpress.

4 Comments:

At 7:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I checked out your "new" possible blog site and got carried away by being able to be the first comment and then the 2nd, 3rd and 4th comments, too.
Let me know when you find your new blog home and I'll throw you a party!

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

I've considered going over to wordpress myself, but I do not want to change the look of my blog. And I just don't feel like paying.

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Art said...

Carolanne - thanks for your commentatiousness, but don't spend too much time at the new site - it's only a test and will probably disappear when I decide what I'm doing with it. And whatever I go to will ultimately be on www.artruch.net.

I'll take the party anyway:)

Cubicle Rev. - yeah, you would have to change the look but WP has a lot of good prepackaged presentations. And, it's free now for the basic package. They will host your blog just like Blogger. Setup seemed a lot easier and faster than Blogger too.

 
At 2:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My commentatiousness is just a stress relieving tool I'm taking out on you and since they'll all be gone - even better! LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home