Thursday, December 21, 2006

(non) Christmas YouTubaPalooza Part VI (and a half)

As it sometimes happens, I heard an interesting song on the radio today and it reminded me that I both once liked said song and had totally forgotten that fact. It has nothing to do with Christmas but apparently I am all about the YouTube these days, so:



It's one of my favorite post-Beatles McCartney tracks. I would tend to agree with Father MadPriest's contention that the Beatles, and presumably therefore Sir Paul as well, are not really rock music. On the other hand, my lovely wife is very possibly the biggest Beatles fan in the South-Eastern US so I must mind my words.

Well, if the Beatles were not really rock, they at least sometimes came very close. This was the closest, in my opinion, for post-Beatles Paul.

And there is a ROCKIN' cover version of this song still waiting to be made...

Incidentally, this song was recorded just down the road in Nash-Vegas. Local legend has it that "Junior's Farm" is a reference to a certain property in Dickson County, Tennessee where Paul and company held court, incognito, during the recording session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home