Thursday, August 31, 2006

Music meme

I got this off LutherPunk's blog. Imagine that, a tatooed, punk-rocking, blog-wielding Lutheran minister. A scarred up, head-banging, blog-wielding Methodist Lay Speaker can only aspire to such heights of gory glory...

If you have the time or desire to answer all 29, then you are tagged.

1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
> The Beatles - only because Stacie and I share a CD collection.
2. What was the last song you listened to?
> 'Breathe' Pink Floyd
3. What's in your record/cd player right now?
> Dark Side of the Moon
4. What song would you say sums you up?
> 'Time'
5. What's your favorite local band?
> Me sitting on the bed with my guitar.
6. What was the last show you attended?
> I can't remember... Maybe the Lee Gibson band or some southern Gospel group? ZZ Top was the last proper rock show that I saw, I think...
7. What was the greatest show you've ever been to?
> The CarlLoad concert, Nashville in '88 (?): Foghat, Steppenwolf, Outlaws, et al.
8. What's the worst band you've ever seen in concert?
> Milli Vanilli (no kidding, I really saw them "in concert" - just ask SG.)
9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?
> Hate is a very strong word that I try not to use in reference to people - even if they are members of Pearl Jam.
10. What was the last song you downloaded legally?
> Songs can be downloaded legally?
11. What show are you looking forward to?
> The Beatles reunion.
12. What is your favorite band shirt?
> The AC/DC shirt my wife threw away because she thought it was too Holy holey.
13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
> David Gilmour.
14. What musician would you like to be in love with for a day?
> My wife... if I weren't even though I'm already in love with her.
15. Metal question: Jeans and Leather vs. Cracker Jack clothes?
> Can't go wrong with jeans and leather and I don't know what 'Cracker Jack clothes' are either.
16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
> Surely you jest! Sabbath circa 1970.
17. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie?
> Explain to me how in the world it matters.
18. Punk rock, hip hop or heavy metal?
> NOT hip hop.
19. Doesn't Primus suck?
> But for the bass lines, yes.
20. Name 4 flawless albums:
> Depending on your definition of 'flawless', 4 is either way too many or way too few a number. Off the top of my almost hairless head, I'd say Dark Side of the Moon, White Album, Back in Black and Paranoid. And the list would be different tomorrow (but would still include DSOTM).
21. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek?
> And your point is?
22. What was the greatest decade for music?
> The '70's - unfortunately it was also the worst.
23. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own?
> Too many.
24. Do you like Journey?
> And I was taking this seriously...
25. Don't try to pretend you don't!
> What I'm trying to pretend right now is that the last two questions are not on this list.
26. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
> Does 'The Wall' count?
27. What was your last musical 'phase' before you wised up?
> Grunge
28. What's the crappiest CD/record/etc. you've ever bought?
> I love 'the Floyd' but I'd have to choose The Final Cut for each of the three times I bought the stinky thing.
29. Do you prefer vinyl or CDs?
> CD's only because my turntable broke and I threw it away. That, and it's hard to get the 'phonograph' option on the vehicles these days. The Cretins!

4 Comments:

At 11:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Some good choices there, I like the beatles too.

 
At 6:41 AM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

i was waiting for someone to mention Back in Black as a perfect album. My 7th grader loves it, and I can even listen to it from time to time, which is something considering I am not an AC/DC fan.

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Yes, The Wall does count.

 
At 2:02 PM , Blogger Art said...

Carmel, Thanks, How can anyone not like the Beatles?

Rev. Punk, I've not really listened to AC/DC in a long time but Back in Black just sticks out in my mind. I pretty much wore out my original eight track tape back when it first came out - when I was in, oh about 7th grade!

Rev. Cube, Thanks, I wasn't sure since the movie came after the recording. But it would be my choice anyway.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home