Sunday, July 09, 2006

I'm a liberal...

After the comments I received on Friday's post, I started to write a rebuttal.

I really liked the first one's unorthodox use of grammer, spelling and syntax (done purposely in order to catch attention, of course).

But then I started to think again about how silly that whole argument is and how humanity would be so much better served if we devoted our mental energy to someting more important.

That, by the way, was one of the points I made in the original post about the 'flag desecration' ammendment.

Again, I do think flag descration is a bad thing -

Just not as bad as 38 million people around the world dying from an incurable diease,

20% of the world's population living on less than $1.00 a day,

104 million children who can't go to elementary school or

1 out of 7 people in the world do not have clean water to drink or enough food to eat.

Those facts and others make some idiot burning an American flag seem like a non-issue by comparison.

Then again, I'm a liberal.

God loves you, man. I'm going to church now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home