Monday, March 20, 2006

Sweet Dreams?

My lovely bride and I were recently discussing my impending birthday.

In less than two weeks, I'm turning 29.

Again.

For the eleventh time!

Then, Stacie just had to make reference to the next birthday...

She hinted that there will be some kind of spectacle just over a year from now.

I shudder when I think of the things she's done to her (much older) siblings.

Not to mention what we did to D-Day on his fortieth.

What kind of person would go to the trouble of creating a fake, but very detailed, life-sized grave with a tombstone reading "RIP - Here Lies Your Youth"?

Oh, that was me. Sorry. (It should probably be "death-sized too?)

Stacie really went over the line, though, when she mentioned inviting a certain former "significant other" of mine to the hypothetical party.

She said, "I should invite [her] to the party. What do you think she would say?"

If looks could kill, I'd be a widower now.

I reminded Stacie that this borderline psycho had virtually stalked her when we first started dating.

"Oh yeah, you think she'd ever admit to that?"

Probably not, she never admitted any of the other thousand psycho things she did.

Once I realized Stacie was joking, though, we had a good laugh about that.

Around that time, we went to bed.

And then I dreamed that it really happened!

Oh my, it was horrible!

In the dream, [she] actually showed up at my birthday party...

She walked up to me and said, "Hi, remember me?" and tried to hug me.

I took a step back and said, "You must be joking!"

Everyone laughed... except her.

She even brought her geek husband...

... and he and Stacie (who suddenly seemed to be the best of friends) convinced us to recreate an old picture...

...plus twenty years.

D-Day took the picture.

WHAT would I do with a picture like that?

Back in the real world, I always liked that picture of myself.

Too bad about the other part.

Really, I wish the her no harm, but if she shows up at any party of mine, it won't be pretty!

(no pun intended, huh)

And, just so you know, sometime around late February/early March of 2007, I will become very, very suspicious!

You have been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home