Saturday, March 18, 2006

Vader goes to church...

Since the last post, I HAVE BEEN BUSY!

Friday morning, I got up early (early for me anyway) and prepared for my trip to Murfreesboro.

Relax, no pictures...

...of the preparation or the trip.

I made it to the lab and, crazy as it is, the lady working the desk appeared to know what to do with my specimen cup full of... well, you know what it was.

And, apparently, so did she - which was an improvement over last time at least.

The lady said, we'll get right to this - call the doctor in a couple of hours.

When I called Dr. Show-it-all's office, the "Oh-my-god-you-look-just-like-keifer-sutherland" lady answered the phone.

SHE REMEMBERED ME!

I almost hung up.

After cramming a 4 minute conversation about the pronunciation of our respective surnames into a scant 12 minutes, I got to talk to a nurse.

I had assumed that the doctor's office would tell me that the results would be available in a week to 10 days or something like that.

No, they had already inspected my stuff and declared it completely devoid of any baby-making substance.

Woo-hoo!

Man, I was excited.

I almost propositioned the nurse.

Stacie was less enthusiastic: "Yeah, that's what we paid them for, wan'it?"

Well, yeah...

The remains of the day were spent gathering up supplies for Tad's party.

The evening of Friday was spent turning these hundreds of dollars worth of supplies into attractive but worthless decorations (including a life sized, three dimensional Darth Vader in the church gym) that were torn down and thrown into the trash this afternoon.

The party went great, though. A little light on attendance but otherwise acceptable. Tad got a bunch of clothes, toys, and money as well as a sload of candy.

My birthday's next and I know exactly what I want.

Probably won't get it, though.

Yeah, I know, wheels are turning...

And, I made the final revision to my mid term examination and submitted it via the wonders of e-mail.

Fingers are crossed!

Progressing on to early geek, I mean Greek tragedy... what an butt that Agamemnon was!

But, I feel like I haven't had much of a weekend.

I need to go back to work to rest up...


Supergirl said...

Hmmmm.... wondering what it is that you want for your b'day, but think you won't receive.... never know, you just might get something even better! (wink!)

8:59 PM, March 20, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home