Monday, March 06, 2006

You never know what you'll see in the Wal-Mart...

Since my last post, I've pretty much just stumbled around in a drug induced dream state. These medicines are definitely helping to get rid of the para-flu-whatever that we have but it's almost a case of the cure being worse than the disease. We're counting down the days 'til the meds are gone. Four to go!

In the meantime, I'm trying to complete some projects at work as well as learning everything there is to know about Hesiod's Works and Days.

Fun.

O.K., you know I've got a funny story or something to share, right?

Here goes. The whole family went to the local Wal-Mart Saturday to pick up a few items to tide us over until the next marathon shopping trip.

We were casually pushing our cart down the aisle when I heard a woman talking behind us.

Just in the extremity of my peripheral vision I glimpsed a lone woman. I assumed she was having a cell phone conversation since she was obviously talking to someone and she was alone.

This person zipped passed us, continuing her conversation and I was totally prepared to never give it another thought.

My beautiful bride then said, "That one's crazy as bat!"

What are you talking about?

"Don't you know who that was?"

It turns out that it was one of my former "significant others". (Though she was never that significant)

And, as my overly observant spouse noticed, she was not holding a cell phone. She probably doesn't even have one.

No, this lady was simply strolling through Wal-Mart carrying on a complete conversation with herself!

Just as I start to think how glad I am that I met Stacie, Stacie says, "Aren't you glad you met me?"

But, before I can even agree, she just has to rub it in a little by saying, "Just think, you could have ended up with her."

I started to say, "Well, at least she never stalked you."

But, better judgement prevailed and we went on our merry way.

Stacie was right, though!

That woman is crazy and I am glad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home