Saturday, March 04, 2006

To Jerry in Heaven...

I haven't felt much like blogging lately. With all the meds I'm taking, I do well to get to work and back home.

To top it all off, I wrote a very intersesting post yesterday that got lost in cyberspace somehow. I hate Blogger! So, I just gave up on blogging for a couple of days...

Why yes, I do remember what my lost post was about. Thanks for asking.

It was about Jerry Falwell's latest embarrassment. The way I see it, Pat Robertson has been shamed out of the public spotlight (for now) due to his idiotic remarks about Ariel Sharon's health.

Therefore, ol' Jer has to step in and make a complete ass of himself.

Not that it too hard to do that...Here's the breakdown:First a story came out saying that John Hagee, a conservative TV evangelist, and Orthodox Rabbi Aryeh Scheinberg had convinced the Rev. Mr. Falstaff, er, I mean Falwell that Jews can actually go to heaven.

Oh my!

The story says that Falwell now accepts "dual covenant theology" which says that Jews, as God's chosen people, don't have to believe in Jesus to be saved. Now I'm starting to think that Jerry Falwell, in his old age, might be softening up a little bit. You know maybe he actually started reading his Bible - the part about God loving ALL people, the part where God enters into a covenent with ALL mankind, the part where Jesus accepts the least, the last, and the lost unconditionally.

Unfortunately, no. Jerry nows says that the whole thing is made up and those Jews are still going straight to hell when they die!... along with everybody else who doesn't share Mr. Falwell's backward and intolerent understanding of God.

I hope I get to heaven just so I can see the look on Jerry's face when he realizes he will be spending eternity with a bunch of Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Buddhists...

If he's there...

He-He.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home