Thursday, March 30, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

Yes, today is my birthday. I took the day off from work and school to...

Well, to do basically nothing.

O.K., I might have peeked at the e-mail and the WebCT once or twice.

Just to stay in the loop, you know.

I got up early to see the kids off to school and they each gave me a nice shirt.
I say "they" - we all know that Stacie picked out, bought and wrapped
the shirts. How do we know this? For one thing, they were expensive shirts. For
another, they were wrapped very neatly. The main way I knew the kids really had
nothing to do with these gifts, though, was that there were no horses or Star
Wars characters depicted on either shirt.

Thank you!

Later, I'm meeting Stacie after work and we're going to Murfreesboro. We're
going out to eat, maybe catch a movie, do some shopping, whatever...

WITHOUT THE KIDS.

Stacie's off Friday so we have a whole 24 hours to ourselves.

WITHOUT THE KIDS.

Did I mention that already?

Sorry.

At any rate, I think the joke of telling people that I'm turning 29 every year
on my birthday has run its course. It's just not that believable any more.

Let's see, 35 sounds good. Yeah, that's the ticket! I'm turning 35 today.

And next March 30th, and the March 30th after that, and ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home