Friday, July 14, 2006

Daily Kos blasts Anne Coulter over reference to Bush Bashing love of Sex, Drugs and Rock-n-Roll free movies

Would I create a fake blog post title just to increse traffic to my site?

Moi?

Well, if it's for a good cause, you betcha!

This is what I have to tell you now that I have your attention:

A little girl died yesterday.

The child died on my daughter's birthday.

I didn't know her and I don't know her name.

I don't know what she looked like but she probably had brown skin and black hair.

She never went to school.

She was quite beautiful.

No one ever told her that they loved her.

She had big, watery eyes and a lovely smile.

It is likely that one or both of her parents, and maybe multiple siblings, preceded her in death.

She had a lovely voice.

She lived out her short, painful life in sub-saharan Africa.

She could have done great things.

By anyone's estimate, she never had a chance.

She could have used some help, but...

According to the evidence we have, no one gave a damn about her.

This young girl I describe is not a real person...

... but there are thousands upon thousands of real boys and girls dying each and every day.

Most of them are under the age of five.

FIVE!

They die because people like you and I do nothing to help them.

18,000 children died today from malnutrion, starvation or complications thereof.

18,000.

Eighteen thousand...

... children.

Dead.

Why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home