Thursday, December 28, 2006

Last Blooger Post (???)

I'm still here. After posting about twenty videos last week, I needed to go back to semi-blogging-hiatus mode for a while in order to recover (yeah, and I also had to go back to work).

I'm also working on the new Wordpress blog (this may be the last Blogger post). Even though many of the problems were resolved, my RSS feed is still majorly messed up and I'm just tired of blogging with Blogger... so on Monday of next week, look for something new here.

The Wordpress Blog will be at a slightly different address but this URL will automatically redirect so you won't need to change links. Not just yet anyway.

I'm also thinking about doing a couple of new things on the Wordpress blog. During my semi-hiatus, I've realized that trying to compose something interesting to say every day is far too time-consuming for my schedule. Or, maybe I've just run out of things to say.

Right.

Posting the videos is something I'll probably continue, though. Not 20 in a week but maybe just one interesting video I find per week.

I'm also planning to do a weekly post about music. I got the idea from this guy. He was doing a 100 acts in 100 days series which apparently was abandoned. I liked it and I'd like to do something similar but not daily. Weekly then. And not acts but recordings. Each week, I'll go to the CD collection, pull out something at random and write a post about it. I reserve the right to put that CD back in the stack and try again if the initial randomness produces something ridiculous. I also reserve the right to tap into my vinyl and MP3 collection from time to time as well.

In between, I'll continue with the photos and the incredibly witty and interesting (cough) babble you have come to expect...

I'm also planning something else but I don't want to give away all my secrets:)

Until then, I wish you all a safe and happy New Year's celebration.

14 Comments:

At 5:18 PM , Blogger Nabeel said...

for RSS feed .. use feedburner .. that's a professional service .. and I think it's free .. hmm @ word press .. yup it's one of the popular ones out there ..

Looking forward for your posts :)

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger Carolanne said...

Work does tend to "inhibit" getting blog posts done.
Changes to be had in the new year? Secrets? It seems a common theme around some of the blogs I regularly visit. Perhaps I'm missing out and should change, too?
Nah - Probably too much hard work.
Look forward to seeing secrets revealed in 2007!

 
At 7:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...sounds somewhat intriguing. I'm looking forward to the New Year, your new blog, and to "secrets" revealed.

May you and your family have a safe and happy New Year!

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger Mona said...

Happy new year to you and Stacie and the kids too! I hope you enjoyed your christmas pudding and presents.Good luck for the coming year!

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger KaiBlue said...

Oh goodie, music stuff..lol.
Can I be so bold as to make a request for some Dream theater review of some type? you do have "DT" CD's? Lp's?
teehee..either way, looking forward to the incredibly coherant babble that only you provide :):)
PEace, Kai.

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger LutherPunk said...

I'll eventually revive the 100 bands concept. After some sleep that is. Precious sleep.

 
At 5:26 PM , Blogger david santos said...

Hello!
Good text. I`ve adored it.
Thank you.

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger jasdye said...

did i miss out on the secret stuff, art?

are you preggers too?

actually, the cd essay stuff sounds like a great idea. i wish it were me doing that...

 
At 10:30 PM , Blogger Carolanne said...

What I want to know is: If you're "moving" to Wordpress, will your old wordpress stuff all get deleted now - and all those inane comments? LOL

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger David said...

Ummm...did you really mean to use the word "Blooger"?

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger Sosha said...

Hi. Thank you for your comment. I really apreciate it! I'm really enjoining my first year on TTO. I learn a lot and I am looking forward to learn much more. Thanks again!

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger david santos said...

Thanks Art for informing to me. I go to make another one posting, very thanks, my friend. I did not think well.

 
At 1:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Got to your blog via Gwapo's
Loved reading your bio (or profile)

Who says you have to grow up?

If you stop worrying about that you can be whatever you are now or whatever else appeals at the time.

Ellie

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger fitzgerald said...

Hey man no matter where you go, just let us know. I have enjoyed reading your stuff and will enjoy reading you in the new year.

And I really appreciate the support you've shown my blog SqueezeMyLemon over the years.

Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home