Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Last post...

for a few days anyway. Early tomorrow morning - which will feel like very late tonight - we leave for the Gulf. I think we're ready. The shingles are almost done and my dad volunteered to finish them up. All the various paperwork concerning the new ride is done, it's gassed up and half loaded right now. We're finishing up packing and making our last checks before leaving...

As far as the Pathfinder goes, well, Stacie loves it. I finally got my van keys back and they tracked down the map data DVD ROM for the navigation system. It's gonna be nice to have an interactive map right there on the dashboard. We also discovered why DVD players are such a popular item in SUV's. While we ran some errands tonight, the kids were watching 'Freaky Friday' with their wireless headphones on. I gotta tell you, one of our family trips has never been that peaceful. I was inspired to grab a handful of new DVD's in the Wal-Mart in the hopes that this will carry on all the way to Orange Beach!

In my spare time today, I got some vacation haircuts for me and Tad, took care of some financial considerations, cleaned the house and hauled off some trash. I feel like going to bed now. Unfortunately, I have a 7 hour drive in front of me...

See you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home